Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SMART goals

The staffer at the company I work for recommended some three months ago that I should make a set of 5 SMART goals.

Goals that are SMART are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Tangible. Being the P that I am (that’s P according to the Myers Briggs personality types), I have failed to even come up with one goal, but I’d like to try to make a few now (and see if I ever actually follow through):

1. Posting weekly on this blog, instead of monthly. This means being a little more spontaneous with my entries, and allowing them to be more open ended and slightly more personal. And hopefully the posting can actually be more than weekly, but it’s hard to predict the eb and flow of workload. For awhile, I really wanted my entries to be polished, but this is a blog, not graduate school.

2. I would also like to finish knitting the sweater that I’m working on …. by February. And then start knitting socks. En route to becoming what Armine’s girlfriend has dubbed ‘kninja’. (I’ve already knit two scarves that are soon to be gifts! Pictures are below, modeled on Matt. I think he should pursue a modeling career—he's certainly mastered the aloof and distant facial expressions).

3. Call my family twice a week, instead of once.

4. Write atleast one meaningful letter or email to someone each week.

I can’t think of anything more right now. Let’s see if these goals stay SMART, or whether they will become SMRT (Specific, Measured, Realistic, Tangible, but not Attained).



0 comments: